Created in the 18th century, Domaine Les Bruyères is the story of a family heritage spanning 5 generations. Since 2000, David Reynaud has been at the head of the estate.

Location of Domaine Les Bruyères

Located in the Drôme region, more precisely in Beaumont-Monteux, Domaine Les Bruyères currently covers 27 hectares of vines spread over 2 sites: a large part in Crozes-Hermitage and IGP Collines Rhodaniennes, and the other in Cornas and Saint-Joseph. Most of the estate's plots are planted on clay-limestone soil, which is particularly well-suited to Syrah. David Reynaud is committed to environmentally-friendly viticultural practices: since 2003, he has been certified by ECOCERT, and in 2005, he obtained BIODYVIN certification. The grapes are systematically harvested by hand. What's more, when it comes to treating the vines, the winemaker prefers to use homeopathic plant preparations. In the same spirit, David Reynaud prefers all other work to be carried out by hand, whether it's disbudding, lifting, removing internodes, harvesting, table sorting..

Domaine Les Bruyères wines

At Domaine Les Bruyères, Syrah is king, representing 87% of the grape varieties. The remaining 13% is divided between 7 grape varieties: Merlot and Persan for red wines, Viognier, Mondeuse Blanche, Roussanne and Marsanne for white wines, and Grenache for rosé wines. When it comes to vinification, the same philosophy applies as for the vines, since the cellar is underground and David Reynaud favors natural materials and the use of gravity to avoid abrupt stages for the grapes. In particular, he uses egg-shaped vats to create what is known as "Brownian" movement, allowing the fines to remain in suspension and bringing freshness to the wines.

Lire la suite...

There are 8 products.

Showing 1-8 of 8 item(s)